Oh happy day....this turned out fantabulous! And that's saying a lot from me about eggs.
1 small potato diced small
1 small onion diced smaller
1 cup of frozen peas/carrots thawed (actually warm since I defrosted in microwave)
3 eggs scrambled
1/4 cup of half and half
And Colby jack cheese. Amount? Too much to admit to.
1. Saute onions and potatoes with salt and pepper. Once the potatoes get some brown edges, add in 1/4 cup of water and cover to help steam soften the potatoes.
2. Add in other veggies and mix to warm. Cover and turn off skillet.
3. Spray your quiche pan (or basic pie plate) with PAM
4. In a separate bowl, scramble the eggs and half-n-half together and whisk to aerate.
5. Pour veggies into bottom of quiche pan
6. Sprinkle an appropriate amount of cheese on top
7. Pour eggs mixture on top and poke a fork around to make sure the eggs into the veggies
Bake in a 375 until firm and the cheese is golden brown.
I let it set for about five minutes and was able to slice it like a pie.