Jul 26, 2013

Five on Friday


Linking up to The Good Life Blog this week!

1.       These linkups are fun! I have found too many new blogs to follow and try and comment on now…I’m turning into a junkie in more ways than one.  (this is AFTER two rounds of cleanup this morning)


2.       I’ve struggled this week with mental blocks.  Nothing physical stopping my oomph, but my head is just not in the game as much as it was in prior weeks.  I keep telling myself not to look at the scale because my brain knows that my muscles are popping and my measurements are getting smaller….but the girly-warped-brain sees that number in a plateau and not dipping below that certain decade. Move it and justify my hard work darnit! (but the real-brain says ‘dang girl, your quads are poppin!! You are fitting into your skinny girl clothes again!) sigh. Girl-Brain sucks.

3.       I look forward to Thursdays, it’s an inside joke, but it’s a wonderful thing to brighten up my week.

4.       I am showing my age here, but must share this secret gem I’ve found.  Seriously, I’m not a girly-girl, never have been. You’d most likely find me on the tennis court or in the pool doing laps than moisturizing and being prissy as I called it back in my young days.  But here I am creeping towards a dreaded decade and realize that to keep up the façade of my youth, I need to take better care of my skin.

5.       This marks Week6 of this incarnation of my blog.
Six weeks of commitment to waking up at 4:30am
Six weeks of working out 5days a week
Six weeks of making a conscious effort to better myself in fitness and attitude.

And between the resurgence of cuter clothes, better skin, and most of all, a better ATTITUDE, I’d have to say that it is working.


I get more done before 5am than most.
What did you do for yourself today?
(old Army quote)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...