Nov 18, 2013

Why do it?

I didn't have a post planned for today since my weekends are typically the same during soccer season.

But then something happened today that struck me like a slap in the face (and maybe other people's faces too.)

This morning my favorite mentor runner was checking in to see if I got outside this weekend since the weather was absolutely fabulous! It was truly amazing, I mean it was 90 on Sunday?!?! The middle of November and we hit 90 and broke a record.

Anyway, he was checking on my mileage of my shoes and how this muscle was feeling or another when another friend overheard us.

"April? I didn't know you ran?"
"well no, not really....I'm learning"
Then my mentor chimed in
"April is racking up miles pretty good, I may convince her to join us soon"
*ha, this is not likely!! The group he runs with all are marathoners and their short run days are 9-12miles at 4am doing TownLake. I'm lucky to call myself a jogger.

"So April, what are you training for then?"


"well nothing special, I'm just doing it...."



"For me."



1 comment:

  1. I am the same way! I eventually will run a half maybe even a full but until then I just run because I feel good about it. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...