Dec 20, 2013

5 for Friday - Holiday Goodies Edition

Here we are with the final Five for Friday linkup with Darci, the Friday before Christmas!!! Woah....this means we only have one more Five for Friday for 2013!?


I looked back and realized that last week's Five were rather crass or negative and realized that I shouldn't go out like that for this week, I mean I *should* be in a Christmas mood or spirit or some positive mood right?  What better way than to share the yumminess that is the bestest holiday goodies that we only bust out at the holidays because of how gluttonous "seasonal" they are!


1. Fudge
photo courtesy of eaglebrand.com
You cannot go wrong with fudge, unless you know people who don't like chocolate or peanut butter? If you do, RUN, they cannot be natural born humans (clones likely!)  I don't go all Pinteresty on classic fudge, but rather stick with the original recipe from Eagle Brand themselves and then just play it up with add-ons.  This year I just added in two heaping spoonfuls of super chunky peanut butter.  Last year, I threw in crushed up peppermint candies.  **Naturally gluten-free**


photo courtesy of allrecipes.com

I cannot believe I waited until last year to add this to my holiday baking menu?? Amazingly easy and everyone oohs and aahs over it.  I made two batches this year, one standard and another where I added in peanuts to make it more like Cracker Jack. **Naturally gluten-free**

photo courtesy of chow.com


I found this recipe in the Betty Crocker book I snagged from my mom, its copywrite date is before most of the bloggers I've met!  Takes alittle time, but I volunteer my 9yr old to help with this and #4.



photo courtesy of cookingwhims.com

Hubs cookie of choice, and I always try to offer at least one non-chocolate or peanut butter cookie for those clones, I mean odd ducks.

and lastly # 5


 This final favorite is hard to narrow down because if you've noticed I haven't even mentioned classic chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal, decorated sugar cookies or anything we normally would expect.
Sadly this one is a recipe I've kept close to heart as it is what I requests of every couple months, no matter what season it is.  Super easy, but people still rave.
Chocolate Pecan Oatmeal

Since I'm not sharing that quite yet, you can hand out the classics, right?



I hope everyone enjoys this last weekend before the chaos that is Christmas next week!!! I can't wait to see my kids' faces on Christmas morning, granted I will be peering over the rim of a very full coffee cup.

1 comment:

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...