Dec 16, 2013

Dear Instagram,

I had another rambling quirky post planned for today but after this weekend's cleanup and Instagram snafus I thought it better to share:

 
Dear Instagrammers,

If you are a woman and in awesome shape, whether it be a weight-loss success or a body building type of page I have to apologize if I have had to 'unfollow' you.  You see I have children around me who often will get to play on my phone or be standing around me when I'm scrolling through for motivation to not grab that lone remaining french fry that is going to waste on their plate.

The problem is, while I'm scrolling for motivation and inspiration to stay on the right path, I have to very very quickly scroll past numerous booty shots or barely covered breasts.  Fairly,  I also have to quickly scroll past the men with undies or short yanked down to show off their obliques as well, so my 'unfollow' clean up this weekend was an equal opportunity practice.

I do love those of you that can inspire and motivate. I love that you are able to get your booty all nice and purdy, but thong shots from the rear which leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination are not necessary.  Perhaps if you want to utilize the 'private picture' feature Instagram rolled out last week, go for it that way.  Or perhaps save those pictures for a 'private fan page' rather than a public fitness page.

Call me an old, prude, stuck in the mud, or just a snob.  And I respect and admire the hard work that goes into achieving such bodies! Men and women alike, I do appreciate the body form.

But I'm trying to teach my children to respect their body and flaunting it unnecessarily isn't exactly kosher in this house.  You can be far 'sexier' or even more motivating if you can show off your hard work and still be comfortable letting your own father see these pictures.

Signed,
A fan, but more importantly a woman and mother.


Respect your efforts, respect yourself.  Self-respect leads to self-discipline.  When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power.  ~Clint Eastwood



Never violate the sacredness of your individual self-respect.  ~Theodore Parker

Self-respect is a question of recognizing that anything worth having has a price.  ~Author Unknown


Clarification: This is not coming from any religious standpoint, 
as anyone who knows me I don't follow any direct doctrine from any one faith, but all faiths.
  Just from one woman to many.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...