Dec 24, 2013

On The Table: Nana's Pineapple Pie

This is a family favorite, or tradition through the years that I have finally mastered!! I cornered Nana with a notepad and a stern face telling her to spill the beans on her Pineapple Pie.

Luckily I'm taller than her, she cowered and finally shared.
I then mentioned the love of pineapple online and people coerced me to share what the heck is a fridgerator-pie (no, its not a re-fridgerator...we just say fridge!)




Nana's Pineapple Pie

1 small can of crushed pineapple (4oz?)
3/4 cup of white sugar
3 eggs yolks
3/4 cup of pecan pieces
8oz whipping cream
graham cracker crust

1. pour the pineapple and juice into pot with the sugar, on medium heat not to scorch the sugar
 

2. add in the egg yolks (pre scramble slightly) and whisk into the pineapple/sugar mixture. (Use a tempering technique here)
 

3. cook pineapple/sugar/yolk mixture until thickened.
 

4. stir in the pecan pieces
 

5. place mixture into plastic container and place into fridge...let cool completely. *nana preps this the night before and does the following steps the following day
 

6. prepare whipped cream to medium peaks
 

7. fold the whipped cream into the pineapple mixture completely.
 

8. pour into a prepared graham cracker
 

9. cover and refrigerate completely.

Now you have a quick and relatively simple pie for your holidays! However, I consider this a fruit fridge pie, so you can technically make it year-round. Right? It is pineapple! 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...