Dec 4, 2013

Weather Pansy S.O.S.

I'm in a panic....

I fully admit that I'm a spoiled south Texas weather pansy who whines when the weather dips into the 70s, I wear a sweater inside buildings year round due to the air conditioning. Yes, that much of a pansy.

This Saturday, less than 48 hours away now, I am already stepping out of my comfort zone and attempting not to DIE while doing the San Antonio Dirty Girl Mud Run.

Images of this:



and weather forecasts of:

...COLD WEATHER ARRIVES THURSDAY...

AFTER ANOTHER WARM DAY EXPECTED TODAY...A MAJOR BLAST OF ARCTIC
AIR WILL ENTER THE REGION THURSDAY MORNING IN THE WAKE OF A STRONG
COLD FRONT. THIS FRONT WILL BRING AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF MUCH BELOW
NORMAL TEMPERATURES THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK.

RAPID COOLING BEHIND THE FRONT WILL RESULT IN TEMPERATURES FALLING
TO NEAR THE FREEZING MARK AS EARLY AS LATE THURSDAY EVENING. THERE
IS A GOOD CHANCE OF RAIN THAT COULD CHANGE OVER TO FREEZING RAIN
STARTING THURSDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUING INTO THIS WEEKEND. THE
HILL COUNTRY HAS THE BEST CHANCES TO SEE FREEZING RAIN AND
LIGHT SLEET...ALTHOUGH THE NORTHERN EDWARDS PLATEAU...I-35
CORRIDOR...INCLUDING METRO AUSTIN AND NORTHERN METRO SAN
ANTONIO...AND THE PLAINS EAST OF AUSTIN MAY ALSO SEE SOME BRIEF
FREEZING RAIN. PRECIPITATION AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT
ENOUGH THAT ICING SHOULD BE MINIMAL...MAINLY ON BRIDGES AND OTHER
ELEVATED SURFACES.

EVEN WITHOUT THE RAIN...IT WILL BE COLD AND BLUSTERY WITH WIND
CHILL READINGS IN THE UPPER TEENS..20S AND 30S OVER THE WEEKEND.

ANOTHER PUSH OF COLD AIR WILL ARRIVE EARLY NEXT WEEK...MAINTAINING
THE BELOW NORMAL TEMPERATURES THROUGH THE MUCH OF THE WEEK.

I am dead....seriously??

I am not prepared for this type of weather, and frankly its a rare event that spending $100 on winter gear seems ridiculous, however my lungs and health may depend on it! ha.

I sent out an S.O.S. on Instagram pleading for information on running pants STAT! 
 
Running pants or capris
Brands?? costs?? where??


did I mention this is a life or death situation?



1 comment:

  1. I love the pants I have from Costco...they were around $17. I'm from Michigan, so I'm use to the cold temps. Good luck this weekend...can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...