Jan 2, 2014

2014 "Mission Statement"

strongfitbeautiful.net 
Rather than the usual 'Resolutions' that we all make and break within the first month, this year I've been saying that I'm doing a new and improved "Mission Statement for April" (the person, not the month) because a statement seems to last longer, right?

And if I print it up and post it everywhere in the world, then the guilt and embarassment will prevent me from failing at it, right?

In 2014 I will:



-Start eating more.  Ironically I do think my failure this past year has been my lack of carbs and poor choices.  I work out regularly and hard in comparison to others, but still am only eating an average of 1300 calories a day.  This is not enough for my new weight training, nor the amount of running I plan to do.

- Be running A LOT. As in training for a half-marathon.
Yes, its printed and published now....so it has to happen.


 I, April, am training for a half-marathon for 2014.


 According to my calendar and scheduled training, by my 38th birthday I will have a 10miler under my belt and within a month of my birthday, be able to attempt my first half-marathon.

- Be more confident and take more pictures of myself. Gosh, that sounds bad, but it isn't related to fitness or fashion (ha!) but more about the fact that I have very few pictures of myself or with the kids and me.  Last year there were several articles and facebook posts around the web about mothers being invisible because we are the ones taking pictures all the time.

 So this year, I will be proactive about being IN the picture and not just capturing them. 
(on Instagram more often than here)

repeat...but its only Jan2!



1 comment:

  1. Love your mission statement and that Socrates quote. I need to do a post about what I want to achieve in 2014 (I need to do a post in general). Can't wait to read about your half marathon training.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...