Oct 15, 2014

Confessions: Clothes

Alrighty, I have to fess up or reach out for help or something because things have GOT to change around here.  I've taken charge and making positive changes mentally and physically again and while I'm at it, I need to confess....
I hate shopping for clothes for myself
I think many women do who have had a lifetime of weight struggles.

But I hate shopping for myself not just because I literally have to try on five different sizes everytime I need anything meaning that a place with a limit of 8 or 10 items is me trying on two different things.  Its okay because we all know if I can actually find something that fits nicely and the size doesn't send me into a "raging lunatic" mode then I'd buy said item in all colors possible.

 Me, finding a pair of pants that fit...

Let me make it more complicated than the size cunundrum (thanks anti-booty fashion industry!) 
the fact that I'm the queen cheapskate of the universe.  
No denying it....its true.
I'm a cheapass who hates to shop.
Result? My bottom half is drowning in pants that are likely 2sizes too big and fading.

Do I need new work clothes? Yes.
Do I want new work clothes? Yes.
Do I feel like I deserve new work clothes? eh...not really. 
I'd rather buy new clothes when I lose this last 10-15lbs, 
you know those same 10-20, er 15 I've been trying to lose for three years now?

I need some help, some input from my fellow ladies who know what I'm talking about.

Where do you get your work clothes (business casual) at a reasonable price? 
 Any suggestions on slacks or pants for the bootilicious type?  
I have a small waist in comparison to my booty. 
 I'd say I'm a size medium, or a number...but the fact is 
yesterday my pants were a 10, today? 8,
 but tomorrow's pair (because I only have three pair of black pants to rotate with) are 12s. 

Where do you shop for work clothes?
Anyone want to let me shop out of their closet? ha....I'm joking.
(no I'm not.)

help a girl out....we all want to feel good in our clothes right?  

Have I confessed before that I think I have a girl crush on Sandra?
Her being cool and all, but she's an Austinite as well.  
that and, I'm still dreaming of the day I have her hair....

4 comments:

  1. For years I felt the same way. "I will dress cute when I lose the weight, etc." Well, I have not lost the weight yet but I finally gave myself permission to spend a little money to feel good about myself - and I can't emphasize ENOUGH how much better I feel. Girl you deserve it! Buy yourself some cute clothes! My favorite place to shop is Maurices, they have CUTE clothes up to size 24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women's sizes are such a crock. I, too, hate shopping. And trying on clothes. And all that jazz. But I usually stick to a wardrobe from Kohl's or Target so my fashion sense isn't all that great either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NY&C!! They have great sales and are super professional--but cute, not old ladyish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a small waist and big butt/hips girl too! The curvy pants from Ann Taylor or Gap fit me well. Try to find them at the outlets to save money. Skirts by the Halogen brand from Nordstrom fit me pretty we'll and aren't crazy expensive.

    You're gonna HAVE to she'll out some money for nice jeans. Getting a pair that fits is gonna make you feel like a million bucks. The Joe's curvy and Paige brands fit me well. Splurge on this. Soooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...