Silly me, post something dark and gloomy.....no worries friends!
I'm not perky or perfect,
but I'm making changes.
I think my last post was a combination of things, most notably was that Hubs has been out of town since Thursday and I've had more down time than usual and it gave me the moments to face my reality and face my
I posted my 'facing the music' feelings last week. I fessed up to my struggles and crappy excuses since May. I am currently up 10lbs from where I was last year. Doesn't sound like much to most people, but when I'm not comfortable in my clothes, in myself? That is what
So yeah, it was a ugly but necessary reality check.
What's a girl to do? Yep, I cooked! ha.
Friday night I made a pot of the classic WeightWatchers "zero point" soup.
And it was amazing.
If you haven't had it or heard of the official "WW-Zero Point Soup",
the real name should be "Vegetable Soup"
or in my case...
- 1 small onion diced
- 16oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper chopped large
- 2 small yellow squash sliced in inch size pieces
- 1/2 head of cabbage - bulky 1-2inch pieces
- 1 tomato
- 2oz tomato sauce - no salt (optional)
- beef bouillon
- water (of course!)
- In a pot (I use my dutch oven) toss in your diced onions, peppers and mushrooms. Saute until the onions are transluscent.
- Add water and bouillon or stock, about four cups to start with. Bring to a boil
- Add in the chopped cabbage and squash. cover and simmer
- Puree, crush, smoosh or whichever to the tomato to add some depth to your stock. I used my emulsifier and blended to a liquidized tomato and add to stock.
- The tomato sauce was a splash leftover from the sloppy joes, but it likely helped thicken the watery broth.
- Simmer until cabbage and squash are to desired tenderness. (I like mine al dente)
And there I end up with my lunch and dinners for the weekend for my 'reality' weekend and refresh.
I still can't decide if its a good thing or bad thing that I have to fight my kids for 'my' food!? They steal my salads, egg muffins, and now my soup.
|my new desktop background|