Jan 7, 2015

W.I.W. April v2.1.5

Weigh In Wednesday

I missed last week, not denying it at all.  I didn't skip a weigh-in out of fear or gluttony, I simply didn't get a chance to for my Wednesday post. 
I'm not going to fluff around and say that I didn't weigh in a time or two since then, but I can promise that I haven't been on the scale more than once every three or four days.  This is huge for me as I go from the scale-obsessed-5times-a-day-naked-triplechecking kinda girl to the husband hiding it away for months as instructed. 
Once or twice in a week, is moderation and I'm happy with it. 

I hope this attitude helps me as my progress is slower than anyone would like, that it simply reminds me that I'm trying to do this in a healthy way.  Truth is, I know what to do to drop five pounds in 10days if I want to.  But I'm in a better position so far that I don't want that. I want those five pounds over a month if I have to if it helps it stay off.

Hell, even if the five pounds takes two months....I already feel amazing in my own skin and strength.  Loving the healthy sore muscles, feeling the knots of muscles being used that became soft from the mojo-free 2014. 
Weighing In
Height: 5'6"
SW: 164.6
Last Week: 164.4 (12/24)
This week:163.6
Change:-0.8
Total Loss: 1.0

Learning to not let that number or scale control me is harder than running miles,
 prepping meals, counting points or whatever.


Visit the Ash, Heather, Erin and all the other ladies who motivate me to keep putting one step forward every week!

5 comments:

  1. I hear you, loud and clear... that scale can control my mood like nothing I've ever seen! I'm in a good spot with it now though and it really helps just focusing on your choices for the week. If you KNOW you've done good things and made good choices for your body and overall health, that scale has to catch up eventually. Be proud of the things you're doing every single day, no matter what that dang scale says! Great job on the loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I do that all the time too. I need to start taking a step back sometimes and just focus on other things rather than obsessing with the stupid scale. Great loss this week though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss and good for you not letting the number control your behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a positive thought process! I am SO guilty of wanting to lose 5 pounds a week, but if I gained 10 pounds in 6 months, I can't expect to lose it all right a way.

    So glad we connected through the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great loss :) It took me 6 months to lose these past 10 pounds, so I'm not usually expecting a 10 pound loss in 2 weeks (though the 21 day fix has me wondering!). Great mindset!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...