Jan 21, 2015

W.I.W. April v2.1.7

Weigh In Wednesday
Somehow I find it hard to believe that it is Wednesday again.

Really? I feel like I just did this whole 'facing of the scale' thing like just yesterday!?

I'm going to admit, yeah, there wasn't a weigh-in this morning.  And I did do the scale thing yesterday, but at the doctor's office.

We all know what that means.
Not really because I'm smarter than that. I can't let some random new scale set me off like it used to.  That number is not valid for my day-to-day mood.
  • I have never met that scale before, it doesn't know me.
  • It was on the second floor and duh, gravity!?
  • I think Austin city is probably higher elevation than where I am at, so yeah.
  • Not at all comparable to my nekkid post-pee early morning numbers.
What I am going to report on some validation or overly stoking my ego comments from my new doctor:




  • "I have to take you off of ABC medication, you are too healthy for that."
  • "You have awesome stats for your BP and heartrate, I don't see that too often with moms your age" (sure that could have been a possible dig at my age, but I'm putting in in the compliment category while I can)
  • I laughed and responded to comment #2 with 'oh you should have met me 7 years  ago at 200lbs, I'm still working on the last 20lbs again'
  • "Oh really? I didn't see notes of a procedure of lap band? How'd you do it?"
  • "Just a treadmill and WeightWatchers" (not a plug, just a fact)
  • "Awesome! But I am going to say 'NO' to your 20lb goal. I say 5-10lbs at most, by medical standards you are in a great place. "

  • No worries I don't trust myself to not weigh-in and report in, but yesterday's conversation was a great reminder of the goals and end results not be solely a number on a scale, no matter if the scale is at home or at the doctor's office.

    Its a good day, ain't it?
     

    2 comments:

    1. Don't you just hate it when the doctor says "no" to your weight loss goal :) Such a great report!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congrats on the good health report! I'm sure you'll find your happy healthy weight soon. estherdavison@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete

    I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...