Feb 18, 2015

An old soul...

I remember when:


  • You worked your way up a ladder based on merit and capabilities.
  • You worked hard and followed the rules and people take note
  • You knew the rules of workplace etiquette of treating all staff equally as in don't look down or piss off your assistants and you don't burn your bridges.
  • You ranked applicants on qualifications and experience.
  • You earned your job, whether being the 'most qualified applicant' or by merit regardless if you were a friend of a friend.


I remember when I was proud of the work I did, while never able to talk about it, I was proud knowing who benefited from my work.

I remember NOW that the world doesn't work that way anymore and my work ethic, experience and knowledge isn't enough without that friend of a friend network bs.



1 comment:

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...