Apr 27, 2015

Wiener jokes allowed ....no really!


"My wiener is HUGE in Japan"
"My wiener is bigger than yours" duh...
"My dog comes with his own jokes"


This past weekend was the first full weekend that I felt well enough to do something fun for the kids.  We had early morning soccer, surprisingly after a Friday's full day of misty rain.  We all went to bed with an assumption of another cancelled week (the two prior were cancelled due to flooded fields) but alas I was woken up at 7:30 with the text that we were on for the day and a clarification that Kiddo had to be on the field at 8:40. Woah.

Somehow this Supermom got both kiddos up, dressed and fed and out the door by 8:30. Whew, thank goodness we live so close now!  Ha, LittleOne would only be satisfied if I called that quick bowl of cereal her "Breakfast #1" and promised that there would be another one. *hobbit anyone?

While at the game I received unfortunate news about my parent's remaining dog.  We were not surprised with the news of her passing, but it still stung.  As if it were fate though, Saturday happened to be the Buda Weiner Dog Races, and I decided on the fly that it was meant for us to enjoy and celebrate Chloey and all her fellow daschunds.

 
This year's theme was: Run Forrest Run
I hadn't been in about five years, so this was a treat for all of us!!  
We got great seats to enjoy the hilarity of seeing long 15lb doggies sprinting across the park. 
 Well, most of them sprint....I posted a sample video on my instagram (@overextendedapril)
of  how funny they all are.


"He's so cute mama, we need him!! = um no."
"Look mama, its 'PartyPoodle'!!"

92* Saturday sun with humidity...check out her curls!
If anyone ever is in the Austin area in mid April,
 this is a superfun animal and family friendly event.

Feel free to insert any 'weiner' jokes!




3 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! We'll have to check it out next year, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your parents' dog. The show does look fun. I'll be the Austin area this summer but not until then. I wish I lived there though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a cute event! So sorry about your parents pup though! :(

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...