Oct 6, 2015

THAT weekend, you know

The one where all logic and restraint is forgotten.
Like all day long...times two.

I really don't know what happened last week, well perhaps it was the very pleasant number I saw on the scale Friday morning being in a new smaller decade.  And then perhaps it was my stupid brain that rewarded that magical number by indulging in a friggin donut on Friday morning.

I blame that donut for the following 48hours.

Friday was a bust, just a complete bust with snacking on crap and excessive.  I actually lost count of how many candy wrappers were in my trash can.  I was guilt-ridden and disgusted with myself but said 'fine fine April, tomorrow is a new day and you can get back on track.'

and I didn't listen.
Saturday was pretty much a repeat of Friday.

Why do we do that to ourselves?  oooh a shiny pretty scale number?? let me splurge and enjoy food like a normal person? let me ignore the tracking just this once....sigh. 
I know I'm not the only one.
And the harsh truth is that it wasn't any physical need (as in not shark week) I said outloud several times while eating 'April, you aren't even hungry!?' nom nom nom.

I faced the music yesterday morning to feel the slap of the bloated and indulgent number on the scale remind me that it was not worth it at all.
I'm down two of those craptistical pounds of bloat and regret, and back on track wholeheartedly.  I had a double-cardio day yesterday and ended my Monday at over 340% for the day.  

But I am sticking to my 'No Chocolate October' (so far)!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is SO me. Two weeks ago I was pleasantly surprised by measurements and the scale, which has led to a two week sabotage. (Two bowls of froot loops for dinner on Saturday, come on, now!) We just gotta keep trucking! :)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...