Jun 17, 2017

The 2017 Dust-Off


Hmm...
I'm not too sure about it, but the want is there.

Do people still blog?
I know I miss reading blogs....
the friends I made....
the cheering section when I would have a good week...
and the shoulders for when I would have a bad week...

If anyone remembers where I left off with this blog,  I had gotten a new job in January last year. I'm still there, working like crazy...a physically and mentally draining job that exhausts me to no end.  Ironically I do like the work.

My fitness, the reason I ever had a blog, hasn't maintained like I would like it.  I spent some time today revisiting old times scrolling through my own blog to see where I am now compared to where I was.

June 2017
now 41years old and holding out at 162lbs. (Roughly where I was in late 2015.)

I held my weight down between 156-160 for most of this year, but bad habits are creeping back with my "no time for exercise" excuse.

I can't complain! I know that I haven't worked out regularly since the time zone change.  I have inched my way back to my 430 wakeup calls, but only averaging two a week.  Things could be much worse.  But I miss my mental health more than anything.

I miss the exhausted satisfaction of finishing 3 or 4 miles every morning while everyone slept.  I miss finishing up my night with the kids and cleaning and know that I had given myself that hour in the morning.

This upcoming week is my 'no more slacker April' reset.
I have a full can of my protein powder, which is so much easier for lunches during the summer, and I have a focus to get that "April time" again.

Will I blog about it again? I hope to, but I also don't want to stress myself out for entertainment either.  I want to think that writing it out again will help me stay on target.

And for old times sake...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Yea, I'm kinda stuck at that point too about the blogging but I truly never do as well when I don't have it for accountability. So, yea, I guess I'm marginally back to blogging. Maybe just not quite as frequently though! Glad you are doing well and like your job even though it's stressful! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Started blogging consistently again and it is really helping with being consistent with workouts too.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to all comments!! I love the interaction and feedback from each and everyone of you! Please check to make sure your email address is linked to your comment so I can reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...